Mumbai, the city that never sleeps, is a vibrant and bustling metropolis that offers a unique blend of culture, food, and entertainment. However, during the hot summer months, the sweltering heat and humidity can become unbearable, and it’s only natural to crave a break from the chaos. Fortunately, plenty of weekend getaways around Mumbai offer respite from the heat and a chance to unwind. Here are some of the best Mumbai weekend getaways for summer.
Mumbai Weather During Summers?
Mumbai experiences hot and humid summers from March to June. The temperature during this time usually ranges from 30°C to 35°C, but it can go up to 40°C on some days. The humidity levels in Mumbai are also high during summer, making it feel hotter than it actually is. Therefore, Mumbai weekend getaways are the best things that could happen to you or something that you can plan out.
The summer season in Mumbai is not the most comfortable time to visit the city, especially for those who are not used to high temperatures and humidity. However, there are still plenty of things you can do to beat the heat, such as visiting indoor attractions like museums, art galleries, and malls. You can also spend time at some of Mumbai’s popular beaches, such as Juhu Beach, where you can enjoy a cool sea breeze.
Despite the high temperatures, Mumbai is still bustling with life during the summers, and you can experience the city’s vibrant culture and delicious cuisine. Just make sure to carry light and comfortable clothing, and sunscreen, and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Is Summers Apt For Mumbai Weekend Getaways?
The weather in Mumbai during summer can be quite hot and humid, with temperatures often exceeding 30°C (86°F) and high humidity levels. This may not be the most comfortable weather for outdoor activities, especially during the day.
However, if you are planning to travel to Mumbai during summers, there are still plenty of things to do and see. You can explore the city’s various historical landmarks, museums, art galleries, and markets. You can also visit the famous beaches of Mumbai, such as Juhu Beach and Chowpatty Beach, but it is recommended to avoid visiting them during the day due to the scorching heat.
Moreover, Mumbai has several indoor attractions like movie theaters, malls, and indoor amusement parks, which can be an excellent way to escape the heat during the day. Well, we can talk about this later in my next post, which could be Mumbai weekend getaways – in and around Mumbai.
Overall, while the weather in Mumbai during summers may not be ideal for outdoor activities, there are still many things to see and do in the city that can make your trip enjoyable. It is recommended to plan your itinerary accordingly and take necessary precautions to avoid heat-related illnesses.
- Lonavala-Khandala: Located just a few hours drive from Mumbai, Lonavala and Khandala are twin hill stations nestled in the Sahyadri ranges. These hill stations are a popular choice among Mumbaikars looking for a quick escape from the city. Lonavala and Khandala are known for their scenic beauty, lush greenery, and cool climate. Some of the popular attractions here include Rajmachi Fort, Karla Caves, and Bhushi Dam.
- Mahabaleshwar: Mahabaleshwar is a popular hill station located in the Western Ghats, about 285 km from Mumbai. Known for its breathtaking views, pleasant weather, and strawberry farms, Mahabaleshwar is a great choice for a weekend getaway during summers. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Arthur’s Seat, Pratapgad Fort, and Venna Lake.
- Panchgani: Located about 100 km from Mumbai, Panchgani is a quaint hill station known for its serene surroundings and stunning views of the Sahyadri ranges. The town is also famous for its strawberry farms and is a great place to visit during summers when the weather is pleasant. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Table Land, Sydney Point, and Parsi Point.
- Matheran: Matheran is a small hill station located about 80 km from Mumbai. It is a popular destination among Mumbaikars due to its proximity to the city and its scenic beauty. The town is known for its toy train that takes visitors on a scenic ride through the hills. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Charlotte Lake, Echo Point, and Panorama Point.
- Alibaug: Located just across the Mumbai harbor, Alibaug is a popular coastal town known for its beaches, historical forts, and scenic beauty. The town is easily accessible from Mumbai via ferry or road and is a great place to visit during summers when the beaches are less crowded. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Alibaug Beach, Kolaba Fort, and Kanakeshwar Forest.
- Nashik: Nashik is a popular Mumbai weekend getaways known for its wine tours, ancient temples, and scenic beauty. The town is located about 170 km from Mumbai and is easily accessible via road or train. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Sula Vineyards, Trimbakeshwar Temple, and Pandavleni Caves.
- Igatpuri: Igatpuri is a small hill station located about 120 km from Mumbai. The town is known for its scenic beauty, waterfalls, and trekking trails. It is a popular destination among adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. Some of the popular tourist attractions here include Bhatsa River Valley, Tringalwadi Fort, and Kalsubai Peak, making it the most preferred among Mumbai weekend getaways.
In conclusion, Mumbai may be a bustling metropolis, but it’s surrounded by several weekend getaways that offer a chance to escape the heat and unwind in the lap of nature. Whether you’re looking for a serene hill station, a coastal town, or an adventure destination, these weekend getaways have something for everyone. So, pack your bags and head out to one of these destinations