India is a vast and diverse country with numerous destinations to explore, each with its own unique culture, history, and natural beauty. If you are planning a trip to India in March, you are in for a treat as the country is blanketed with a myriad of colors, scents, and flavors. If you are looking for places to visit in March, then you must know that March can be a good time to travel in India, depending on the specific destinations you plan to visit and your personal preferences. In general, March falls within India’s dry season, which makes it a popular time for travel.
You have already gone through my Listicle for places to visit in the Month of February, and it seems you are appreciating the series, so here I am with another recommendation blog or a Destination Guide for the places to visit in March. Leggo!
5 Benefits To Travel In March
There are several benefits to traveling to India in March. Here are some of the key pointers:
- Pleasant Weather: March falls within India’s dry season, making it an ideal time to visit as the weather is generally pleasant across most parts of the country. Temperatures are usually moderate, making it a comfortable time for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
- Festivals and Cultural Events: March is a month of many popular festivals and cultural events in India, including Holi – the festival of colors, which is celebrated in many parts of India. Other festivals that take place in March include Maha Shivaratri, Gangaur, and Ugadi.
- Wildlife Viewing: March is an excellent time for wildlife viewing in India. With the end of the winter season, many animals come out to bask in the sun, making it easier to spot them in national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Lower Crowds: While March is considered peak travel season in India, it is still a shoulder season compared to the summer months. This means that there are fewer crowds, and prices for accommodation and transportation are generally lower than during peak season.
- Historical and Cultural Sites: March is a great time to explore India’s many historical and cultural sites as the weather is favorable and the crowds are relatively lower. Popular tourist destinations such as the Taj Mahal, Khajuraho Temples, and Hampi are particularly enjoyable during this time.
March can be a good time to travel to India, but it’s important to research your destinations and take into account factors such as weather, crowds, and costs before making your plans.
5 Best Indian Places To Visit In March
Here are some of the best places to visit in India in March.
- Jaipur, Rajasthan: Jaipur, also known as Pink City, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. March is an ideal time to visit Jaipur as the weather is pleasant, making it easier to explore the city’s famous forts, palaces, and monuments. The city is also famous for its street food, handicrafts, and textiles, making it a great place to shop for souvenirs.
- Goa: Goa, India’s smallest state, is a popular destination for beach lovers. March is the perfect time to visit Goa as the weather is warm and sunny, perfect for soaking up the sun on the beaches or exploring the state’s rich Portuguese heritage. Don’t miss visiting the famous Anjuna and Vagator beaches, and trying the local seafood cuisine.
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh: Varanasi, also known as Banaras, is one of the oldest cities in the world. It is famous for its ghats, where Hindu pilgrims come to bathe in the Ganges River and its rich cultural heritage. March is a great time to visit Varanasi as the weather is comfortable and dry, making it easier to explore the city’s many temples and museums.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh, is a popular hill station known for its Victorian architecture, scenic beauty, and adventure sports. March is a great time to visit Shimla as the weather is pleasant, making it easier to go trekking, paragliding, or enjoy scenic walks in the hills.
- Udaipur, Rajasthan: Udaipur, also known as the City of Lakes, is one of the most romantic destinations in India. It is famous for its beautiful palaces, lakes, and temples. March is a great time to visit Udaipur as the weather is pleasant, making it easier to explore the city’s many attractions and enjoy boat rides on the lakes.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that India is a vast country with diverse climates and weather patterns. In some parts of India, such as the north and the Himalayas, March can still be quite cold and even snowy. In other parts, such as the south and the coastal regions, March can be quite hot and humid. Therefore, it’s important to research the specific destinations you plan to visit and check the weather forecasts before booking your travel.
These are just a few of the many amazing places to visit in March, in India. Whether you are looking for a cultural experience, a beach vacation, or a scenic getaway, India has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in India this March!